When on vacation has it all — sea, sun, food and entertainment, — to leave the property optional. Thinks most of the tourists coming to Turkey — on «dacha Russian”. However, outside of hotels and hiding country, many still unknown
THE SEA OF MARMARA
The smallest sea on the planet (with an area of 11 km 2 472. almost three times less Baykal) in the North-East is connected by the Bosphorus Strait to the Black sea, in the South-West — the Straits of the Dardanelles with the Aegean. Hence the ancient Greek name Propontis, which literally means “predmore”. Formed as a result of fracture in the earth’s crust, the sea separated Europe from Asia. Marmara sea never freezes, and because shipping routes are always open. This is important for Istanbul — the main port of Turkey
Only in Turkey travertine (limestone) terraces located on the South-West of the country in the province of Denizli. Travertine arose as a result of salt deposits from saturated with calcium hot springs. The water is considered curative. According to the legend, in one of the pools of Pamukkale was fond of Cleopatra. Today swimming is permitted only in the “pool of Cleopatra” (proof that it sailed the Queen, of course Continue reading
Volcanic or crater lake formed after the eruption, when the crater is clogged with the debris of rocks and volcanic mass, and then filled with rain water, less groundwater, and the balance holds through evaporation and seepage. We want to show You the most beautiful volcanic lakes in the world.
1. Laguna Caliente, Poás volcano in Costa Rica. (Photo: AP Images).
2. Lake Pinatubo, mount Pinatubo, Philippines. (Photo: AP Images).
3. Lake Taupo, New Zealand. (Photo: Phil Walter/Getty Images).
4. Crater lake, Shetland Islands. (Photo: AP Images).
5. Ruapehu, New Zealand. (Photo: Mark Coote/Bloomberg News).
6. Lake Atitlan, Solola, Guatemala. (Photo: Ben Pipe/Robert Harding/Rex).
7. Lake Kussharo, Hokkaido, Japan. (Photo: YURIKO NAKAO/Newscom/Reuters).
8. Crater lake, Oregon, USA. (Photo: Tyson Fisher/National Geographic Society/Corbis).
9. Laguna Diamante, Catamarca, Argentina. (Photo: ENRIQUE MARCARIAN/Reuters).
10. Rinjani, Lombok, Indonesia. (Photo: WestEnd61/Rex Features).
11. Lake Oloidien, Naivasha, Kenya. (Photo: AP Images).
12. Kelimutu, Flores Island, Indonesia. (Photo: WestEnd61/REX Features).
13. Kawah Ijen, Banyuwangi district, Indonesia. (Photo: Angel Navarrete/Bloomberg).
14. Lake Ljotipollur Continue reading
The most important characteristics of lakes . expressed in digits — the volume of water contained in, surface area, maximum depth and average its value. In directories, as a rule, lead only area and maximum depth; volume of water is in the encyclopedias articles, however not for each lake; and as a consequence not all realistic to calculate the average depth. Setting the water surface, the lakes listed below in the special needs no comment: the top ten – the lake, the area is not subject to changes. But, for example, lake Chad, is in terms of sharp changes, depending on the season of the Doges, because of the fairly flat banks, during the year it increased more than twice over the area. Changes significantly and the lake Balkhash: 22 to 17 thousand sq. km Eyre, the largest lake in Australia, in the season of high humidity goes on the nineteenth place in the area of a water mirror in the world (up to 15 thousand sq. km.), and in the dry season disappears altogether, turning into marsh.
Classification of lakes by area (thousand sq km). Caspian sea: 376, Upper (North America.): 82,4, Victoria (Africa): 68, Huron (North America.): 59,6, Michigan (North America.): 58, Tanganyika (Africa): 34, Baikal (Asia): 31,5, Malawi (Africa): 30,8, The Great Bear Continue reading