The Most beautiful volcanic lakes in the world
Volcanic or crater lake formed after the eruption, when the crater is clogged with the debris of rocks and volcanic mass, and then filled with rain water, less groundwater, and the balance holds through evaporation and seepage. We want to show You the most beautiful volcanic lakes in the world.
1. Laguna Caliente, Poás volcano in Costa Rica. (Photo: AP Images).
2. Lake Pinatubo, mount Pinatubo, Philippines. (Photo: AP Images).
3. Lake Taupo, New Zealand. (Photo: Phil Walter/Getty Images).
4. Crater lake, Shetland Islands. (Photo: AP Images).
5. Ruapehu, New Zealand. (Photo: Mark Coote/Bloomberg News).
6. Lake Atitlan, Solola, Guatemala. (Photo: Ben Pipe/Robert Harding/Rex).
7. Lake Kussharo, Hokkaido, Japan. (Photo: YURIKO NAKAO/Newscom/Reuters).
8. Crater lake, Oregon, USA. (Photo: Tyson Fisher/National Geographic Society/Corbis).
9. Laguna Diamante, Catamarca, Argentina. (Photo: ENRIQUE MARCARIAN/Reuters).
10. Rinjani, Lombok, Indonesia. (Photo: WestEnd61/Rex Features).
11. Lake Oloidien, Naivasha, Kenya. (Photo: AP Images).
12. Kelimutu, Flores Island, Indonesia. (Photo: WestEnd61/REX Features).
13. Kawah Ijen, Banyuwangi district, Indonesia. (Photo: Angel Navarrete/Bloomberg).
14. Lake Ljotipollur and Blautaver, Landmannalaugar, Iceland. (Photo: Image Broker/Rex Features).
15. Paulina lake and East lake, Oregon, USA. (Photo: AP Images).
16. The lake of Maly Semyachik, which is located on the Kamchatka Peninsula, is worth a visit to anyone who is not afraid to be away from home. It is especially beautiful there in the summer, but to enjoy these stunning landscape, taking advantage of burning tours from Kazan. In addition to the volcanic lakes of Kamchatka have healing thermal springs, which have no analogues neither in Russia, nor anywhere else in the world. (Photo: Igor Shpilenok/Nature Picture).
17. Lake Darwin, Tagus Bay, Galapagos Islands. (Photo: David Day/Rex).
18. Tofua, Tonga. (Photo: Morton Beebe/Corbis).
19. City Sides — it is a double lake, green, and blue, on the island of são Miguel, Azores, Portugal. (Photo: Getty Images).