Volcanic or crater lake formed after the eruption, when the crater is clogged with the debris of rocks and volcanic mass, and then filled with rain water, less groundwater, and the balance holds through evaporation and seepage. We want to show You the most beautiful volcanic lakes in the world.
1. Laguna Caliente, Poás volcano in Costa Rica. (Photo: AP Images).
2. Lake Pinatubo, mount Pinatubo, Philippines. (Photo: AP Images).
3. Lake Taupo, New Zealand. (Photo: Phil Walter/Getty Images).
4. Crater lake, Shetland Islands. (Photo: AP Images).
5. Ruapehu, New Zealand. (Photo: Mark Coote/Bloomberg News).
6. Lake Atitlan, Solola, Guatemala. (Photo: Ben Pipe/Robert Harding/Rex).
7. Lake Kussharo, Hokkaido, Japan. (Photo: YURIKO NAKAO/Newscom/Reuters).
8. Crater lake, Oregon, USA. (Photo: Tyson Fisher/National Geographic Society/Corbis).
9. Laguna Diamante, Catamarca, Argentina. (Photo: ENRIQUE MARCARIAN/Reuters).
10. Rinjani, Lombok, Indonesia. (Photo: WestEnd61/Rex Features).
11. Lake Oloidien, Naivasha, Kenya. (Photo: AP Images).
12. Kelimutu, Flores Island, Indonesia. (Photo: WestEnd61/REX Features).
13. Kawah Ijen, Banyuwangi district, Indonesia. (Photo: Angel Navarrete/Bloomberg).
14. Lake Ljotipollur Continue reading
The largest of the lakes and rivers of the taiga. The greatest rivers of the taiga are the Northern Dvina, Pechora, Ob (inflow of Irtysh), Yenisei, Lena. In this natural area are also located the middle reaches of the rivers Indigirka, Kolyma, Amur. Of all the lakes of the taiga the largest are Ladoga and Onega.
Geography grade 8
a summary of other presentations
“Kamchatka” – the longest summer — from 4 to 5 months in the South of the Peninsula. Reindeer. Orlan. Phyllodoce Aleutian. The Peninsula stretches from North-East to South-West for 1200 km Karymsky Volcano (1536 m). The lava cave. In the southern part of the sea, in the center and North temperate continental. The climate of Kamchatka sea monsoon, more severe in the West than in the East. Plants. Bordering the West of the Okhotsk sea, East Bering sea and Pacific ocean.
“Caucasus mountains” – In the foothills of the Caucasus. The area of glaciation about 150 sq. km was Prepared by the student of 8 class Steppe middle school Irina Ivanova. Name the Caucasus mountains “Grouches”, which means “white snow”. A place for lovers of mountaineering and skiing. The mountain chain of the Caucasus. The Pearl Of Great Continue reading
The modern century of high technologies there is definitely a lot of advantages, but sooner or later we all get tired of the bustle of the noisy city and tend to retreat in the lap of nature.
Civilization greatly changed the Earth, and not for the better, but there are still places that have retained their pristine beauty. There’s just so much amazing – stunning tropical Islands, crystal clear lakes, majestic waterfalls and mountain scenery!
One of the most popular natural wonders is Antelope Canyon, located in the South-Eastern United States on land of the Navajo Indian. This natural wonder consists of a Top (of the Gorge) and Lower canyon (Helix). This rare natural creation is a sandy cliff bizarre with huge slits, lit with magical light. Wind and rain water in a few centuries will grind out huge depressions in the red Sandstone cliffs forming inside the fine relief lines. Thanks to the erosive properties of water canyon walls, situated in one of the driest regions of the Earth, have acquired such a unique shape.
This tropical Paradise with white sand beaches ideal for lovers of quiet secluded relaxation. The archipelago of Phi Phi island is at a distance of 48 km from Phuket and consists of several small Islands. 90% of sushi poochie forest Islands covered with steep mountains rising from the sea, and the coves Continue reading