Turquoise and blue lakes
1. Blue shades of this Alpine lake Peyto in Banff National Park, Alberta (Canada) will not leave anyone indifferent.
2. The Perito Moreno lake in Patagonia (Argentina). This wonderful turquoise waters of the lake reflect the overhanging glaciers.
3. Five flower lakes in the national Park Jiuzhaigon (China) is known to many thanks to its transparent turquoise waters. On the photo one can clearly see the trees lying on the bottom.
4. Another photo is of Peyto lake in Banff National Park, demonstrates how can change the color of the lake when the cloud change.
5. This is a volcanic lake in Flores acquired a bright turquoise color due to unicellular algae and bacteria.
6. Algae can change the color of the lake water the color of hot chocolate.
7. Blanca lake in the National Park Mt Baker-Snoqualmie, Washington (USA). The color of the water of this lake resembles the color of sea water.
8. Yamdrok Continue reading
On the territory of Russia there are over 2 million lakes. Basically it is a small lake with a water surface area less 1 km2. Large lakes are few. Two Russian lakes — Baikal and Ladoga, are among the 18 largest lakes in the world (the area of each of these, more than 10 000 km 2 ), near Onega lake (table 5).
Table 5. The largest lakes of Russia
The deepest lake in the world is the Baikal lake (maximum depth is 1637 meters).
The number of lakes in Russia is 2.1%.
Across the country the lake is unevenly spread. There are areas where the lakes are many, but there are others where there are almost no lakes (forest-steppe and steppe of the East European plain). The most numerous lakes, where they contribute to the existence of climatic conditions and topography. Especially large area of the lake is on the Yana-Indigirka and Kolyma lowlands, in places where the number of lakes exceeds 50%, and in Karelia, where the area of the lakes amounts to 12-13% of the surface. Many lakes and in the North-Western regions of Russia, in Central Yakutia, Continue reading
These amazing lakes
T the backpacking becomes our profession
but the experience gained in the campaign
helps us to more sensitively relate
everything that surrounds us.
From 4 to 6 November 2011 the team “Elbrus” MOA Krasnooktyabrskaya secondary school participated in the regional campaign seminar on sports tourism along the route Sergievsk C. – p. Surgut – the village of Suhodol – p. Sernovodsk – C. Sergievsk. The total length of the route amounted to more than 30 kilometers, tourists in day took place over 10 km Route was a mountainous area, with natural landscapes, which have no analogues in nature. The greatest scientific and practical interest are the lake of Sulphur, and Blue sulphur springs. A great impression was the boys visiting amazing lakes in S. Old Yakushkino (30 km from S. Sergievski) titled “Blue lake”.
Blue lake in 1937, studied chemist resort sergievskie Mineral Water A. D. Belkin. He found that it is a very strong sulphur spring, knocking out from the bottom of the collapse crater. Water consumption 6220 m3 per day (that’s more than four Sernovodsk source), with a constant temperature of 7.3° C. the depth reaches up to 23 meters. In that lake grow only one species of algae is charophytes . From Wikipedia: Continue reading