Volcanic or crater lake formed after the eruption, when the crater is clogged with the debris of rocks and volcanic mass, and then filled with rain water, less groundwater, and the balance holds through evaporation and seepage. We want to show You the most beautiful volcanic lakes in the world.
1. Laguna Caliente, Poás volcano in Costa Rica. (Photo: AP Images).
2. Lake Pinatubo, mount Pinatubo, Philippines. (Photo: AP Images).
3. Lake Taupo, New Zealand. (Photo: Phil Walter/Getty Images).
4. Crater lake, Shetland Islands. (Photo: AP Images).
5. Ruapehu, New Zealand. (Photo: Mark Coote/Bloomberg News).
6. Lake Atitlan, Solola, Guatemala. (Photo: Ben Pipe/Robert Harding/Rex).
7. Lake Kussharo, Hokkaido, Japan. (Photo: YURIKO NAKAO/Newscom/Reuters).
8. Crater lake, Oregon, USA. (Photo: Tyson Fisher/National Geographic Society/Corbis).
9. Laguna Diamante, Catamarca, Argentina. (Photo: ENRIQUE MARCARIAN/Reuters).
10. Rinjani, Lombok, Indonesia. (Photo: WestEnd61/Rex Features).
11. Lake Oloidien, Naivasha, Kenya. (Photo: AP Images).
12. Kelimutu, Flores Island, Indonesia. (Photo: WestEnd61/REX Features).
13. Kawah Ijen, Banyuwangi district, Indonesia. (Photo: Angel Navarrete/Bloomberg).
14. Lake Ljotipollur Continue reading
All who enjoy outdoor and leisure activities, should at least once in life to visit the Altai territory. It is called the Paradise for tourists. Here everyone will find something for themselves. Horseback riding, Hiking, hunting, skiing, climbing, fishing and much more. All of this can be found in the Altai region. Everyone who has visited it, tries to return and again to go around the vast expanses. Mountains, peaks, hills, lakes, valleys, waterfalls, meadows, impassable taiga – impossible to describe in one word the beauty of this region. This is a truly beautiful corner of Russia. The last time the Altai region is gaining its popularity, the crowds of tourists come to admire here. Pure mountain air and untouched nature make all people wishing to visit the Altai.
Altai Krai is located in the heart of Eurasia. If we translate the word “Altai” to Turkish, you get the “Golden mountain”. The landscape, the fauna and flora of the Altai is so diverse that it is impossible to find anywhere else such a beauty. Of course, most of this land is plains. They diluted the elevations and recesses, between which are the most famous lakes of the Altai territory. This is followed by the mountains that are year-round with snow-covered tops. The flora is varied, and surprising that there are found in almost Continue reading
Tourists love to spend time on the shores of lakes located around the world. Today we offer you to travel and visit the five deepest lakes in the world.
Lake Matano, Sulawesi, Indonesia
Indonesian lake Matano occupies the fifth place in our ranking of the deepest lakes in the world. Its depth is 590 m. the lake is home To dozens of species of algae and endemic fish species.
Tourists vacationing at the lake, you can water skiing, Canoeing and scuba diving. Around the lake there are several nature trails.
Great Slave lake, Canada
This lake is second largest lake of Canada. Its maximum depth is 614 meters.
Vacationers on the lake doing mostly fishing, and wildlife observation. Around the lake are inhabited by many species of animals and birds, including foxes, wolves and coyotes.
Lake Malawi, Rift valley, Africa
The maximum depth of lake Malawi is 706 m. It is the third largest freshwater lake in the world. The lake is located between Mozambique and Tanzania.
In 2011, the lake received official status as a nature reserve. On lake Malawi include scuba diving, underwater hunting or poisoning on a boat trip.
Lake Tanganyika, Rift valley, Africa
The maximum Continue reading