Volcanic or crater lake formed after the eruption, when the crater is clogged with the debris of rocks and volcanic mass, and then filled with rain water, less groundwater, and the balance holds through evaporation and seepage. We want to show You the most beautiful volcanic lakes in the world.
1. Laguna Caliente, Poás volcano in Costa Rica. (Photo: AP Images).
2. Lake Pinatubo, mount Pinatubo, Philippines. (Photo: AP Images).
3. Lake Taupo, New Zealand. (Photo: Phil Walter/Getty Images).
4. Crater lake, Shetland Islands. (Photo: AP Images).
5. Ruapehu, New Zealand. (Photo: Mark Coote/Bloomberg News).
6. Lake Atitlan, Solola, Guatemala. (Photo: Ben Pipe/Robert Harding/Rex).
7. Lake Kussharo, Hokkaido, Japan. (Photo: YURIKO NAKAO/Newscom/Reuters).
8. Crater lake, Oregon, USA. (Photo: Tyson Fisher/National Geographic Society/Corbis).
9. Laguna Diamante, Catamarca, Argentina. (Photo: ENRIQUE MARCARIAN/Reuters).
10. Rinjani, Lombok, Indonesia. (Photo: WestEnd61/Rex Features).
11. Lake Oloidien, Naivasha, Kenya. (Photo: AP Images).
12. Kelimutu, Flores Island, Indonesia. (Photo: WestEnd61/REX Features).
13. Kawah Ijen, Banyuwangi district, Indonesia. (Photo: Angel Navarrete/Bloomberg).
14. Lake Ljotipollur Continue reading
In the world there is quite much number of salt lakes – large and small. For the most part they are located in dry areas are endorheic basins. However, there are those sizes that are, simply amazing human imagination. This article will talk about the huge salt lakes of our planet.
1. Caspian sea. All it is called a sea, but actually it is a large saline lake. It is the water area of 371 000 square kilometers. If you explore all the healing factors, the Caspian sea can become an excellent place for rest and treatment. However, the political relations of States, which are placed around it, being unable to create a good tourist infrastructure.
2. The Aral sea. This lake is considered to be on the verge of extinction, because back in the 60-ies of the last century it began to dry out. It was formed by the waters of the two rivers that flowed into it (the Syr Darya and Amu Darya), but it began to be used for economic needs. Today the Aral sea as such does not exist. It was divided into two large lakes – Northern, southern Aral.
3. The dead sea, which belongs to three countries – Israel, Jordan, Palestine. The water in this sea is truly unique, has a fairly large percentage Continue reading
Tyumen. The opportunity to visit the lake Bright and Black that are located in the vicinity of Tobolsk, is the residents of the Tyumen region.
As told at the round table meeting in press centre of information Agency “Tyumen line” development of domestic tourism Director of tourism “Siberia-Tour” Jeanne Ermolaeva, weekly relax on the lake tourists come from Tobolsk, Tyumen, Yekaterinburg and other cities.
“the Lake of Light – it’s our exclusive. Here you can stay in peace and go fishing. This is a fairly extreme type of tourism, because the lake can only be reached in winter, in summer we takes tourists on transportation to the jetty and continue about 5 km on foot. The camp site is located between the lakes and the Bright Black”, – said Zhanna Ermolaeva.
She noted that the lake Light travellers will find beautiful and cozy houses, located in the midst of cedar groves. “Dead” iodine-bromine water of the Black lake has healing properties on its shore there is a steam room. In the Baptism of the Lord all interested persons have the opportunity to swim in the ice-hole with Holy water.
“Summer vacationers can cruise the lake Continue reading