Volcanic or crater lake formed after the eruption, when the crater is clogged with the debris of rocks and volcanic mass, and then filled with rain water, less groundwater, and the balance holds through evaporation and seepage. We want to show You the most beautiful volcanic lakes in the world.
1. Laguna Caliente, Poás volcano in Costa Rica. (Photo: AP Images).
2. Lake Pinatubo, mount Pinatubo, Philippines. (Photo: AP Images).
3. Lake Taupo, New Zealand. (Photo: Phil Walter/Getty Images).
4. Crater lake, Shetland Islands. (Photo: AP Images).
5. Ruapehu, New Zealand. (Photo: Mark Coote/Bloomberg News).
6. Lake Atitlan, Solola, Guatemala. (Photo: Ben Pipe/Robert Harding/Rex).
7. Lake Kussharo, Hokkaido, Japan. (Photo: YURIKO NAKAO/Newscom/Reuters).
8. Crater lake, Oregon, USA. (Photo: Tyson Fisher/National Geographic Society/Corbis).
9. Laguna Diamante, Catamarca, Argentina. (Photo: ENRIQUE MARCARIAN/Reuters).
10. Rinjani, Lombok, Indonesia. (Photo: WestEnd61/Rex Features).
11. Lake Oloidien, Naivasha, Kenya. (Photo: AP Images).
12. Kelimutu, Flores Island, Indonesia. (Photo: WestEnd61/REX Features).
13. Kawah Ijen, Banyuwangi district, Indonesia. (Photo: Angel Navarrete/Bloomberg).
14. Lake Ljotipollur Continue reading
Turquoise and blue lakes
1. Blue shades of this Alpine lake Peyto in Banff National Park, Alberta (Canada) will not leave anyone indifferent.
2. The Perito Moreno lake in Patagonia (Argentina). This wonderful turquoise waters of the lake reflect the overhanging glaciers.
3. Five flower lakes in the national Park Jiuzhaigon (China) is known to many thanks to its transparent turquoise waters. On the photo one can clearly see the trees lying on the bottom.
4. Another photo is of Peyto lake in Banff National Park, demonstrates how can change the color of the lake when the cloud change.
5. This is a volcanic lake in Flores acquired a bright turquoise color due to unicellular algae and bacteria.
6. Algae can change the color of the lake water the color of hot chocolate.
7. Blanca lake in the National Park Mt Baker-Snoqualmie, Washington (USA). The color of the water of this lake resembles the color of sea water.
8. Yamdrok Continue reading