Volcanic or crater lake formed after the eruption, when the crater is clogged with the debris of rocks and volcanic mass, and then filled with rain water, less groundwater, and the balance holds through evaporation and seepage. We want to show You the most beautiful volcanic lakes in the world.
1. Laguna Caliente, Poás volcano in Costa Rica. (Photo: AP Images).
2. Lake Pinatubo, mount Pinatubo, Philippines. (Photo: AP Images).
3. Lake Taupo, New Zealand. (Photo: Phil Walter/Getty Images).
4. Crater lake, Shetland Islands. (Photo: AP Images).
5. Ruapehu, New Zealand. (Photo: Mark Coote/Bloomberg News).
6. Lake Atitlan, Solola, Guatemala. (Photo: Ben Pipe/Robert Harding/Rex).
7. Lake Kussharo, Hokkaido, Japan. (Photo: YURIKO NAKAO/Newscom/Reuters).
8. Crater lake, Oregon, USA. (Photo: Tyson Fisher/National Geographic Society/Corbis).
9. Laguna Diamante, Catamarca, Argentina. (Photo: ENRIQUE MARCARIAN/Reuters).
10. Rinjani, Lombok, Indonesia. (Photo: WestEnd61/Rex Features).
11. Lake Oloidien, Naivasha, Kenya. (Photo: AP Images).
12. Kelimutu, Flores Island, Indonesia. (Photo: WestEnd61/REX Features).
13. Kawah Ijen, Banyuwangi district, Indonesia. (Photo: Angel Navarrete/Bloomberg).
14. Lake Ljotipollur Continue reading
The island of Grenada and located him in the neighborhood of Carioca island and Petite Martinique-ending the southern part of the windward Islands and several tiny Islands in the Caribbean sea, are part of the state of Grenada.
When Columbus landed on the Northern coast of the island of Grenada in 1498, seen in the distance, he marveled at the dense tropical forests, many beautiful waterfalls. The first permanent European settlement, however, was based not soon, the Spaniards did not stay on the island. When the British in 1609, have decided to encroach on local lands, they failed. Locals, Indians, Caribs, were ready for war.
The island was in the hands of the French in 1650, during the eighteenth century it was passed to the French by the British. but, in the end, in accordance with the Treaty of Versailles, it became a British. In 1877 Grenada received administrative status of a Crown colony. Independence within the British Commonwealth, Grenada has gained in 1974.
Grenada land is fertile, it grows nutmeg, cloves, saffron, ginger, allspice and cocoa. So it is often referred to as “Island of Spice”. Nutmeg Grenada meets one third of demands in the world. Continue reading
No wonder our world is unique, amazing and beautiful. Nature fascinates us to enjoy. But there are places that can bring us harm. One such place is the lake of death in Sicily . The lake of death identified as unique natural phenomena. Even the name speaks for itself. In the end, this lake is dangerous to all life on our planet. Anyone who enters this lake will be destroyed. The lake of death is the most dangerous place on the planet. In the lake there is absolutely no life. On the shore of the lake lifeless desert, because there nothing grows. This is because any who fall into this lake dies. Even if people decide to swim in the lake, it dissolve there for a few minutes. After scientists found out about this lake of death in Sicily, I immediately sent out a scientific expedition to study this phenomenon. The lake gives up its secrets very hard, but, nevertheless, scientists were able to discover that the lake has a lot of concentrated sulfuric acid. Scientists have long puzzled over where same large amount of sulfuric acid.
Several hypotheses about the lake of death
The first hypothesis, that at the bottom of the lake there are rocks that are rich in acid, but the theory is not confirmed.
The second hypothesis. After some time, Continue reading